Our goal over the next week is to show the nmesh network being built, and explaining each part and such.
Mesh is self healing multipoint to multipoint wireless to wireless networking. Our system can support up to 4 high power cards and 4 separate frequencies to transmit ans receive on. The first system we will build is the DIY meshbox.
Old computer 300mhz -1 ghz PC aka your DIY MeshBox
- MeshBox must have working cdrom and can boot from it.
- MeshBox must have working ethernet port. We prefer 3coms, intel and other major brands.
- Meshbox must have minimium of 128 mges ram and 128 mge flash/ide card installed or a small hard drive.
- Meshbox must have wireless card installed – We use Cisco 352 cards (pci) or Lucent/ Avaya Cards/Senao (pcmcia).
- a PCI to PCMCIA to the PC (if using PCMCIA card)
- a micro PCMCIA to PCI card for newer cards (see approved list)
- UPS & power cables, ethernet cable (straight thru)
Monitor, network connection (DHCP) and keyboard needed.
Next: How to Assemble your DIY MobileMeshBox.